Tuesday 1 May 2012

What a mad week it's been!  After our relaxing holiday it was all systems go, getting straight back into work with yet more organising in the shop, a trip to South Wales to pick up my gorgeous girl and then some more organising in the house!!!

I did manage to get some creating done and made some cards whilst i was in the shop last week, in and around the stock taking and reorganising that is and, as requested, by customers, here's the process again!
Fabriano watercolour paper cut to size (2" x 3" approx)

Sketched images onto card

Coloured with Caran D'Ache soluble wax crayons
 and brushed over with aqua brush
 Outlined with Faber Castell pens
 Aged with Ranger Distress Inks and signed
 gold inks added
 Glued onto card blanks

 information hand written onto the back of the cards and messages written on front
 Bagged, and now for sale at Indigo Moon!
 I made seventy cards over four days, each one unique
I really enjoy making these cards, i've done a few batches now, they look so nice when finished and bundled altogether, so many different colours.  I have them strewn out over the counter working on them when we have quiet times and people come into the shop intrigued by what i'm doing, I usually end up explaining the process and doing a demonstration of sorts and getting a few sales!
I also did these larger whimsical paintings for cards recently, here are three and i have another seven that i'm working on. These are ready to scan and print onto cards.  I have this huge Giclee printer that i haven't had much use out of yet and the plan is to print my own cards from my art work along with some limited edition prints of my collage paintings






.....the recent reorganisation at Indigo Moon
...we took the top off the huge drab brown dresser we had at the back of the shop (so i could get my art on the walls) and we painted the bottom half pink, it looks gorgeous, lots of nice comments from customers all week.
 My art

"Great people talk about ideas; ordinary people talk about things; small-minded people talk about other people".
-- unknown