Friday 30 December 2011

Mentioned in...

Cloth Paper Scissors
 as one of the twenty five finalists for the Artisan 2012 competition
 It's only a small piece; as one of the twenty five finalists i was asked by the cps team to send three pieces of work to them and as one of the runners up in the competition this is the piece they chose!

Glad to say that I've since received all three pieces of my work back and this complimentary copy of the January/Febrruary issue arrived today.

I've had an amazing christmas, albeit very quiet, which suited us both as we were so busy before, both in the shop and gadding around the country visiting relatives and friends, it was so lovely to relax, i did nothing for the whole three days.

I'm so excited, i've decided to spend some of my christmas money and have bought a Kindle!!!! 
It doesn't actually arrive until the 3rd January, Gav ordered it online, he's really good at finding the best deals and got it for 103.98 including P&P.  It holds 3,500 books...wow....

I know i've pledged to read the printed word and that will still happen, as i won't be able to take it in the bath and thats where i read most! he he!

I can get most of the classics free and there are so many i'd like to read and re-read.  I've got plans for using my time constructively whilst in the shop and will probably use the kitchen table to do various artworks on, but when i have to be in the shop it'll be nice to have a choice of books on my kindle to occupy me!!!

"A book is the only place in which you can examine a fragile thought without breaking it, or explore an explosive idea without fear it will go off in your face. It is one of the few havens remaining where a woman's mind can get both provocation and privacy".
~Edward P. Morgan