Tuesday 16 November 2010

I've been busy finishing off all my small collages to put in the shop.

More cakes A boat for a change
Another cake

Here they all are on the wall, getting lots of viewings and two have been sold already.
WEDDING UPDATE
I've taken the stress out of wedding arranging by delegating everything,
i feel much more relaxed now.

The day, time and church are finalised/booked, as is the rehearsal. We've now booked the Town Hall for the wedding reception, booked the caterer and chosen the menu. I've managed to have a short meeting (in the shop) with Jan, the flower lady and we'll follow up with a meeting soon, she's done flowers for weddings at St Nicholas' before and at the town hall so most things i can leave up to her, she comes highly recommended and i'm happy to work with her. I have my dress, my wedding ring and the bridesmaids are nearly sorted out (Gav is sorting himself out!!!). I've booked all the hair appointments for us all at the local hairdressers and i've booked a room for myself on the wedding morning at the dragon (Gav and i are staying there overnight), i'm hoping to book another room for the morning so us girlies can get together, get dressed and indulge in chocolate and bubbly. It's all very exciting especially now that i'm feeling more relaxed about things.
I'm continually getting requests from various people to run some more workshops. The Ladies Club Christmas workshop was great fun and I, along with others, were able to show some new techniques. Although, i'll wait until next year now, at least until after the wedding, to put some serious thoughts and ideas together. I've been thinking of a series of courses/workshops whereby people attend for a few weeks and work on one project throughout in it's various stages. It's hard doing something in an afternoon slot or a two hour slot, especially when waiting for things to dry and like this the projects can be completed at a more relaxed pace.
Now that things are slightly less hectic for us, gav and I are looking at printing. We have an all singing, all dancing printer that we bought before the shop opened in order to do prints of my artwork to sell and to print our own greeting cards etc. Up until now we've not had much chance to do anything, but it's the next thing we're looking at, thats all exciting too. The prints of my artwork on to cards and as mounted prints makes it all more affordable.