Friday 9 July 2010

Doodles and dreams....

I just have to show you this, i bought it on Etsy from my lovely bloggy friend Micki, The Secret Hermit http://www.thesecrethermit.blogspot.com/ I fell in love with it when i saw it on her blog, she's an amazing artist, please have a look! I've decided (when i can afford it) to start my collection of original art. It's a Moleskine notebook with Micki's beautiful painted illustration on the front with a beautifully written "Doodles, Dreams and Roaring good Schemes"...perfect!!! and signed by her on the back. It came beautifully packaged, thank you Micki, it's a real treasure, i love it.

This is another piece of original art i bought recently from another bloggy friend, Viv Sliwka, Hensteeth http://www.hensteethart.blogspot.com/ - I met Viv at one of her vintage shows in Ludlow recently, such a lovely lady. I love all these wonderfully talented people i've met and i feel honoured to own a piece of their art.


This is my new window display in the shop! Not brilliant, but it's difficult as the window lets in quite a bit of light. I'm limited to what i can put in there as it's right next to the counter and i didn't want people in the shop to have to look at the back of things. The chair i got from the recycling place and painted it a gorgeous duck egg blue and put the pitcher jug and some tea towels on it. I've had really nice comments about it. I'm currently thinking up my halloween and christmas display (hoping my clever sister is going to help me with ideas!!!).

Some different stock in the shop. These cards are gorgeous, they're 3d and are delicate little teapots and tea cups. There are some really nice cards around these days, all very contemporary and these seemed a little old fashioned at first, but people love them.




Gorgeous boxes:
Ribbons galore

Tibetan Bangles
Jewellery Boxes

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day" - Elwyn Bookes White